Saturday, July 16, 2005

The People Speak - Letters To The Editor

First Capitol News

This quote is from a letter to the editor in Key West, Florida, sent in by a guy named Craig Buzzart.

“Other than telling us how to live, think, marry, pray, vote, invest, educate our children and, now, die, I think the Republicans have done a fine job of getting government out of our personal lives.”

Joe Morice

Dear Editor:

Thank you Mark Brown for telling it like it is regarding politics in our town (FCN 06-25-05, P.9) and thank you First Capitol News for enabling him to do so!

Glen Dashner

Dear Tony,

I have two questions that I am sure other taxpayers are curious about. How many hotel rooms were filled by attendees of the recent craft show and coin show?

Have we been able to land those two big draws, the coveted knife show and gun show?

Gene Fitzwalter

Dear Editor:

I was at the beauty shop the other day and was reading another publication. A colum nist, and I use that word lightly, was writing about the Great Rivers Habitat Alliance. He was telling his readers how great the organization was and how rich the members were. He commented they had plenty of money and were opposing the St. Peters 370 project out of the goodness of their heart and they did not want any more money.

Is he that dumb or does he think we are that stupid? Show me a rich man or woman who does not want any more money. There is no such a thing.

Now I remember why I quit reading him some time ago.

Pauline Rigors