Sunday, June 19, 2005

THE PEOPLE SPEAK - Letters To The Editor

To The Sports Editor
Mr. McMurran:

I would like to express my sincere appreciation for the exceptional way that you covered the St. Charles High School baseball season. I truly believe you played a great part in their success. You brought this team to the attention of the St. Charles area. This is a GREAT bunch of kids and they truly deserved the limelight that YOU gave them. I will admit that I am a little impartial,(my son is Brian Randazzo) but I have heard from SO MANY St.Charles residents that have said that they began following them and rooting for them and I believe it was because of the spin that you put on the articles.

This team was not given many upbeat articles in other papers(if they even received an article), no-one but you headed their final article with the fact that they were 2nd in the state , which really is quite an accomplishment!

Thank you for the wonderful words you wrote about my son, I have always known Brian to be a wonderful young man, but now the rest of St. Charles does!!! It was a great ride and I thank you for coming along with us!!!!!!

Kathy Randazzo


Dear Editor,

In response to the comments regarding the recent Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast in St. Charles, we would like to mention several items that may be of hope and healing to the community.

From its very inception, our country has built its foundational principles on our abiding passion for freedom. It has been one of the very pillars of our society. The free exercise of conscience, provided that conscience does not infringe on the rights and liberties of others, is gratefully upheld. The freedom of worship falls in that category, and it is upon that subject that we wish to make a few remarks.

St. Charles County has long been a rather homogonous community. But in recent years we have been witnesses of a remarkable “westward expansion” as significant numbers of people have moved out here from St. Louis County and elsewhere. The increase in population has also brought an increase of diversity. In addition to cultural and ethnic diversity, peoples of varying faiths now make St. Charles County their home, bringing fresh values, vitality and perspectives with them.

The Interfaith Partnership of St. Charles County, (working under the Interfaith Partnership of St. Louis), welcomes those of all faiths. Our mission is to promote peace, respect and understanding among people of all faiths. We promote unity, respect, dignity, and peace through regular dialogue groups, community service, and celebrations of faith. While holding dear the tenants of our own particular faith, we reach out to those who believe differently than ourselves in a spirit of friendship and mutual understanding. To those of all faiths, we would like to say – thank you for making St. Charles County your home. All are welcome here. All are safe here. We are among friends.

We encourage the community of St. Charles County to continue to show respect and dignity to those of all faiths. This is one of the greatest freedoms that our country stands for, and we are grateful heirs to those who sacrificed much so that we may enjoy that freedom today.

For more information about the Interfaith Partnership of St. Charles County, please contact Beth Rodriquez, Project Coordinator of Interfaith Partnership, at bdrodriguez@interfaithpartnership.org


Deborah Coffey, Chairman
St. Charles Chapter of
Interfaith Partnership of St. Louis

Dear Editor:

Have you ever noticed other publications in town consider disputes between the County Executive and County Council as mere spats or disagreements while calling all disputes between the City Council and Mayor of St. Charles battles or warfare?

D. Lammers
St. Charles
To The Editor,

We cannot forever hide the truth about ourselves, from ourselves. Which brings me to the question of how I’m living my dash. (-) You know the little line between the year you were born and the year you take that final step into eternity. Let’s say 1951 - and counting. You see what that little line represents is your whole life and what you did for the good of mankind.

I’ll say right up front I do not intend to judge anyone - that is not my job. I do have eyes to see and ears to hear and breath to breath given to me by my Creator as well as everyone else.

The reason I am writing this letter is because I see the turmoil this town is in and I know that I’m not the only one seeing this turmoil and down right division of us, the taxpaying people. I see a whole lot of deceit, deceit, deceit and a whole lot of not telling the truth when it comes to the people paying the bills, You know the taxpayer. This all did not start yesterday, nor will it stop tomorrow. There was a recent quote, “The best and brightest don’t pursue politics, but the ego-driven, power hungry do.” I wonder if the Mayor knows somebody on her team feels that way about her? I will quote another ‘new’ member of her team - Father Rich Tillman a member of her legal defense solicitation team. Quote or not this was printed in the April 7, 2005 St. Charles Borromeo bulletin. I think it may be a good piece of advice as this legal defense solicitation fund moves forward. He (the writer) is paraphrasing John 10:5 out of the Book of Truth, the Holy Bible. “Do you follow Jesus, the good shepherd, or do you follow a stranger? Before you answer, think about ‘strangers’ that Jesus warned us of: Greed! Fame! Riches! Power!

We pray that we may faithfully follow Jesus and not be let astray by materialism, greed or personal gain.

So when all you (FOP) friends and followers of Patti get together at Pio’s for her legal defense solicitation fund you may want to keep that little memo in mind and what the real reasons are for you being there.

Now see - I just put a little bit more on my “dash” right or wrong in everyone’s eyes. I feel real good and hope for the best for everyone involved.

May God bless you as he does myself and my wife.

Bob Bredensteiner