Saturday, July 30, 2005

Stefanie Sutton 2005 St. Charles County Fair Queen



Stefanie Sutton 2005 St. Charles County Fair Queen

BY Lynndi Lockenour

Of the 15 girls who hoped to be crowned St. Charles County Fair Queen, the winner, Stefanie Sutton seemed the most surprised. “It still hasn’t set in yet that I actually won,” she said. Sutton said she forgot that the winner also gets the opportunity to attend the state fair. “Now I’m excited all over again to get to go there,” she said.

This was Stefanie’s second year competing in the pageant and she said she felt more prepared the second time. “I still didn’t expect to win though,” she said. Stefanie, 19, will be attending Lindenwood University in the fall and hopes to get her Bachelor’s Degree in psychology. “I wanted to go into the medical field, but I’m terrified of needles,” she said. “This way I can still help people in a similar way without having to see needles.” Stefanie is a 2004 graduate of Ft. Zumwalt North and the daughter of David and Lisa Sutton of Wentzville.

Kate Philipps was crowned First Runner-Up and chosen as Miss Congeniality by the girls. She attends the University of Missouri at Columbia where she is majoring in communications, sciences and disorders, also known as speech pathology. This was also Kate’s second year to compete in the pageant. Kate, 20, said her dream job would be to own her own therapeutic horsemanship clinic. “I love horses and that way I could work with them and help people at the same time,” she said. Kate was a 2003 graduate of St. Charles West High School and is the daughter of Bob and Sharon Philipps of St. Charles.

Allyce King, 18, of St. Peters was crowned Second Runner-Up. This fall she will be attending Stephens College in Columbia to major in fashion design. Allyce said her dream job is to be a designer. “I’d love to design pageant dresses,” she said. “Someday I’d like to have my own line of dresses.” Allyce is a 2005 graduate of Ft. Zumwalt West and is the daughter of Vincent King and Cindy Cummings.

Others receiving awards at this years Queen Coronation were Maggie Richardson who was named Miss Talent and Laura Bross for best Evening Gown.