Saturday, April 02, 2005

Straight Talk by Councilman Bob Hoepfner

Hello again out there. Did you get your present in the mail like I did? that being the assessment on my house went up 28 percent. Isn’t it wonderful how the government, local and state, just keeps taxing the hell out of us? I mentioned a year ago I needed help to start a state wide referendum on property taxes. Are you ready to help now? I am ready to go but I can’t do it by myself. I need volunteers. The number is 949-0956. Lets get that referendum started out there to do something for our property tax. Folks it is not going to go away on its own. You are going to have to work to get action on this matter.

About vicious dogs. My bill will be voted on for final approval this coming Tuesday. We will now have the means to take these vicious animals permanently off the street. This is a public safety issue.

There has been an increase by our police department in writing traffic tickets. I applaud their efforts. To those of you who do not like to stop at stop signs your turn is coming. Stop signs are there for a reason. Be a good citizen. Obey the speed limits and the stop signs.

You resident tax payers need to stay in touch with your Councilpersons . You need to let us know how you feel about various issues. I always say stay in touch with your Councilperson because without your input we don’t know what your concerns are. We are here to work with you and for you. As you know, I have an open invitation for you stop by my house and a open invitation for you to call me at 949-0956.

You may not always agree with what I do. I want you to let me know about that too. Let the other Councilpersons know if you are happy or unhappy.

You always have the option to come to a Council meeting. You can step up to the microphone, be on TV and explain to your Councilperson, eyeball to eyeball, what your concerns are about what is happening in the City government. We have a very large budget, $99 million roughly, and we want to make sure you understand where all this money is going.

As usual God bless you God bless America. Stay in tune stay in touch 949-0956.