Saturday, November 05, 2005

First Capitol News High School Athlete of the Week Collin Magilligan, Senior, Duchesne High School


Andi Neff, Sophomore, Duchesne

By: Mike McMurran
Sports Editor
Photo by Bob Barton

AGE, HT., WT.: 16, 5’8”, 120
FAMILY STATUS: Lives with parents, Mary and Doug Neff; one sister, Jessie, 19 years old
PEOPLE WHO INFLUENCED ME THE MOST/WHY? My parents and my sister – they have always supported me, and given me my personal space. Sometimes that was scary, but in the end I know it was best. I am what I am because of them.
BEST ADVICE ANYONE EVER GAVE YOU: My parents have stressed to me, for as long as I can remember to keep a positive attitude, no matter how bad things might seem.
HOBBIES: Basketball and volleyball pretty much take up all of my free time.
CAR: 2003, yellow, Ford, Escape
FAVORITE ACTOR: Brad Pitt
FAVORITE MOVIE: Goonies
FAVORITE MUSIC: I like anything, really, I guess my favorites are Rap and Pop.
FAVORITE PROFESSIONAL SPORTING TEAM: St. Louis Cardinals, how can it be any other team?
BEST TIME OF MY LIFE: High school, I am living the best time of my life.
BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT IN LIFE: Playing Incarnate Word this year and not winning – that was tough.
WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE FRESHMEN: Work your hardest at what ever you do; never, ever accept less than your best. If you do you are only cheating yourself and those around you.
ttt