Monday, February 07, 2005

STRAIGHT TALK - Councilman Bob Hoepfner

Hello again. I want to start off this week by correcting an error I made a couple of weeks ago. I stated in an article that Mr. Hughes, of T.R. Hughes Company was going to stick to developing and stay out of politics. I want to state he did not say those exact words and I obviously misunderstood what he was saying. So, I apologize to you and Mr. Hughes. As far as my meeting Mr. Hughes to try to resolve some differences it obviously did not work. Mr. Hughes stated to me he wants to be able to continue to develop St. Andrews Golf Course under county standards, which are lower than City standards. With Mr. Hughes position, I did not originally and will not now support him annexing into the city until he builds to city standards.

Moving on, there is a bill up for a final reading in two weeks to reimburse city employees for whatever cost they incur that their insurance does not cover. I think they have one of the best insurance plans. Why should we, as taxpayers supplement their insurance when we are in fact paying the insurance bill for them. Let your councilman know how you feel about this.

Finally folks, I am still struggling to get money for the Leftovers Group. They help educate our elementary students. It is the budget that was approved by the Council. Now we are having games with it. These kids really deserve our help. Let your Councilman know how you feel.

As usual folks if you have any questions, comments, opinions, about anything going on or not going on in the City give me a call, 949-0956, Whether we agree or disagree call me or stop by.